This was such an easy & tasty meal!
Because I am Vegan and don’t eat beans (because they are inflammatory). My healthcare team questions me about my protein intake. It’s a topic that is at the forefront of my awareness.
So I’ve been playing around with some new high protein recipes!
Oh and because my kids are away at summer camp, I get to be a little more creative and try out new things without concern for selective pallets 😂
I made lettuce wraps with a high protein filling for dinner. It was sooo.. easy & tasty!
You are going to love this!
This was so good I didn’t even use dipping sauces even though I had them right next to me.
You can also change the spices to be Mexican flavored. I made the same dish the next day but added garlic, cumin and thyme.
Vegan Lettuce Wraps
2 cups mushrooms
2 cups walnuts
2 tbsp soy sauce (gf Bragg)
1/4 tps Chinese five spice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp avocado oil
2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
3 inch ginger (grated)
1 chili 🌶 sliced
1 head butter lettuce (broken into cups)
5 carrots (grated)
1 bunch cilantro chopped
5 green onions chopped (divided) 1/4 for pan white parts of onion
- Slice mushrooms
- Place mushrooms and walnuts in a food processor with soy sauce, five spice and salt and pepper. Pulse food processor about 5 or 6 x (do not over mix). You might have to do 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor
- On medium heat add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan, add ginger, garlic, chili, and 1/4 of green onions and sauté 3-5 min. Add mushrooms mixture to pan toss with aromatics. You’re not trying to cook this mixture, you’re just warming it up and mixing in your herbs. About 5 minutes.
- Peel carrots and grate carrots in a food processor. Place carrots, sliced Green onions and cilantro on a serving plate for toppings.
- We were going super healthy but a great addition to this would be rice noodles..
- In lettuce leaves, place mushroom mixture (& rice noodles) top with carrots, cilantro, & green onions and sauce if you choose.
Dipping sauces of choice
My go to’s are hoisin and sweet Thai chili